We take a damage deposit at the time of signing for your property. Your deposit is protected by an independent third party, the ‘Tenancy Deposit Scheme’ throughout your tenancy. At the end of your tenancy, if the property is left clean and undamaged (fair wear and tear excepted), and there are no arrears in your rent or bill payments, you will receive your deposit back in full.
If any deductions to your deposit for damages, cleaning or arrears are proposed, you can query them and the Tenancy Deposit Scheme will arbitrate between you and the landlord to ensure a fair outcome. Because we support tenants in ensuring that they do everything necessary to receive their deposit back, less than 1% of our tenants have ever raised a dispute with the TDS.
How it Works
- We cannot begin to process a deposit until the end date of a tenancy agreement.
- You let us know your intended move out date.
- Tomlinson Estates send an inventory assessor to the house.
- We collate the information and carry out appropriate and necessary works/cleaning.
- If there is a possibility of a deduction being made to your deposit, you will be informed of this within 10 working days of the contract end date.
- A cheque for the total amount will be posted to the lead tenant. This will be sent to the lead tenants N.O.K address by default, the lead tenant will need to provide us with a fowarding address via email if you would like the cheque sent somewhere else.
- With your cheque there will be a breakdown of your account with Tomlinson’s over the year.
Summary checklist of things we need from you so that we can start processing your deposit:
- The completed form containing your meter readings, utilities suppliers' names, and your customer reference numbers (please click to download the form).
- All sets of keys for your property.
- Copies of your statements from your energy suppliers showing that you have no outstanding payments on your accounts (request this from them when you give them your final meter readings).
- An updated address for us to return your deposit, if it has changed since you supplied us with your next of kin’s address.
How to leave your property
Please find information and guidance in the downloads below. These guides give useful advice on how you should leave your property at the end of your tenancy.
Need a charge explaining? Need to tell us about something that affects your deposit? You have come to the right place. Fill in the form below and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Tomlinson's offer an extremely professional and high quality service. They respond rapidly to any questions and issues and the team are very friendly, especially Iwona who I regularly communicate with!
I have had property managed by Tomlinson Estate Management for a number of years. I have always found them friendly, helpful and professional. Would recommend.
A really great, proactive team that has been a credit to manage my properties. What more can I say.
As a landlord I have used Tomlinson for a number of years. Their team have been quick to respond, highly professional and pleasant to deal with. They have always tried hard to accommodate any requests I have made and have sorted any issues with the property promptly and effectively. As the property was no longer required I asked Tomlinson’s to handle the sale. This they did with their usual high standard of service finding me a selection of interested parties and eventually securing a buyer who completed during lockdown. I have no hesitation in recommending Joe, Tom and all the team.
I have dealt with Tomlinsons for more than a decade as both a landlord & a building contractor - I find them to be ethical, professional, efficient & friendly.